Serving the Youth of the Edwardsville/Glen Carbon Area Since 1955
The Edwardsville / Glen Carbon Little League Association (EGCLLA) is a privately run, non-profit, volunteer organization that provides recreational summer baseball and tee ball leagues for children in Kindergarten through the 9th grade. We are not a part of the City of Edwardsville or the Village of Glen Carbon parks departments. We do however have our practices and play our games on city-owned and village-owned fields. The EGCLLA is organized and administered by a volunteer Board of Directors. The divisions of teams are formed by the child's current school grade during the Spring term and are organized as follows:
Kindergarten: tee ball (must be in Kindergarten during the Spring term to play that Summer)
1st grade: coach pitch
2nd grade: pitching machine
3rd grade: pitching machine
4th grade: 1st year pitch with special rules
5th-9th grade: regular baseball
10th-12th grade League - regular baseball
Kindergarten - 2nd grade Divisions:
- Team rosters are formed by the division league chairman using the school attended.
- Your child will be on a team that has some other children from their school. Special requests are not guaranteed.
- Kindergarten teams will play 12 games.
- 1st - 2nd grade teams will play 16 games.
3rd - 9th grade Divisions (player draft divisions):
- Team rosters are formed by holding a player draft that is conducted by the coaches picking players from a draft list.
- Teams will play 16 games plus a post-season tournament.
- Requests to be placed on a specific team or with a specific player are not allowed in the player draft divisions.
**Once the drafts are completed and the rosters are formed, no roster changes will be made and no refunds will be given.
10th - 12th grade Division:
- Coaches are allowed to form own team.
- Individual players will be allowed to register for the 10th-12th grade division.
- If teams have roster spots available those players will be placed on a team in the order they registered.
- Teams will play 14-18 games plus a post-season tournament.